Thursday 7 July 2011

The Damned - Shadows of the Damned (2011)


Can you believe it....35 years. It seems like two seconds since I was standing around the back of the school buying a second hand copy of Neat ,Neat, Neat.

The Damned remain my favourite band from then 'till now, yet I've not seen them live for years, 1986/87 I think.....that gig was a desperately poor event with Bryn and Roman trying to fill the boots of giants and not managing to do it. The atmosphere was dead, the banter with the crowd was gone and it almost looked professional...a bad, bad thing.

I now avoid them as I'm not a fan of the way Dave sings the old songs....I should cut them some slack and attend this years gig where they'll play Damned, Damned, Damned and the Black Album in their entirety.....hmmmm, I might just do that. God knows, no band has given me more pleasure than this lot.

Anyway...here's an MP3 of a recent song they did for the sound track of a computer game called shadows of the damned. I've no idea what the game's like, but the song's pretty damned good.....I did it again. :)

Mediafire

4 comments:

  1. Not bad! Little heavy metalish in the guitar playing, but hey it is a new Damned song. I saw them last year or so and they were fantastic. They are playing in SF in Oct. for their 35th Anniversary Tour...I am going! Neil, I can understand not wanting to see them, but we are not going to have them around for eternity. I would go!
    Ken Days Of Our Youth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I play this, the more I like it. I don't hear the metal tho :P

    Yeah you're probably right; I should go.

    ReplyDelete