Wednesday 13 July 2011

Front Page - Qualified (1981)


You won't believe how many years I've been searching for this album, well the release date will give you a clue; now I have it, I'm kinda disappointed. Their first 7'' is just staggeringly good, so naturally I wanted this album to be as good and, sadly, it's not.

It starts on a huge high note with the opening track called Summernight Sensation and raises hopes of a joyous trip down the early 80's punk/new wave avenue, but it quickly runs down a cul-de-sac and rarely returns.

Anyway, as I chased this for years and haven't seen it pop up anywhere, not that I'm a huge surfer, I thought I'd throw it out there. It's worth getting for the first track alone btw.

Music

7 comments:

  1. My god it's even worser than i thought.

    Thanks for letting us know.

    Still looking for their 7 inch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's not good, a real shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, soo bad is the album not i think, clear the 7'' is 1000 times better but here's also some highlights. Apart from that, that's a good post, i like it!

    Get the single at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Wild, yeah, it's not great; but a couple of the songs are good. I have the single, I posted it at the beginning of the year :)

    http://13thflootvendetta.blogspot.com/2011/01/over-hyped-and-rightly-so.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's always a wise choice to post the 7''.
    the Special Edition LP i don't have, it was released via CBS Records..hhmmmmm...i think this LP here ismuch better.. maybe someone out there have a cool rip..i search the www.

    ReplyDelete