Wednesday 27 April 2011

Void - Condensed Flesh ep (1992)


A demo originally recorded in 1981 at Inner Ear and engineered/mixed by Don and Ian, but not released until 1992. I can't explain how much I love this band and just how revolutionary they were way back when, nothing like them existed. No wonder bands like the Business and Vice Squad lost their appeal pretty quickly when compared to this....poles apart.

 Mediafire


I managed to trade, beg, borrow & steal many a demo tape and I got a copy of this unreleased album and kinda quickly realised why it remained unreleased. It's just not up to the standard of their other stuff, but worth the odd spin nonetheless.

It follows the route taken by others at the time of trying to move beyond their roots and what they did best, but not quite managing to do so. Having said that I still like it. Recorded in '83 and still not officially released.

Mediafire

5 comments:

  1. Word up....you rock!!! Never got to hear this one. Thanks from the "emo" capital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that Void LP ("Potion For Bad Dreams") sucks so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL Brush. You can really see why the band blocked it's release and nearly 30 years later it's still not out. It could be worse, it could be SSD's try at heavy metal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like "Break It Up" better than the VOID LP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! Break it up is the only album I've ever taken a hammer to; it's soooo corny.

    The riffs are so 4th rate, and that's being kind, and Springas vocals are a joke, but then again I hate white man screaming singers. Give me Void anyday :)))

    ReplyDelete