Thursday 26 November 2009

Tom Lyle - Sanctuary (1992)


After Rollkicker Laydown disbanded Tom Lyle did some solo work, probably with Pete Moffett on drums again. The ex GI guitarist has released two albums, this is the second and, personally, I think it's a bit of a killer. It's not hardcore and not even punk, it's more in a rock vein. I never get tired of listening to it.

Unfortunately I've never been able to lay hands on his other album entitled "Lyle". If anyone can locate it I'd be very grateful. He really needs to stop slacking and get his arse back on stage, or in the studio, he's too good to waste doing nowt.

Music

10 comments:

  1. As i forgot to say, when you posted TANK...i was just listening to their earlier work "Power of the hunter".....

    Coincidence.....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice topper. I intend posting all the Tank stuff at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pity he left the Damned..........though The Black Album was a great one too

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black Album was amazing. I'd be hard pushed to choose between it and Strawberries as my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this album, Tom Lyle is a great guitar player,I loved his playing with GI and I think this album is great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like it Planckzoo, it's nice to know I'm not alone in thinking it's great. I've spent hours trying to track down his first album, but can't find it. I've even asked Tom, but he doesn't have a copy himself!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a vinyl copy of Lyle. It's not fantastic, although I believe there's still some of Tom's characteristically awesome guitar work on it. It's been awhile since I've given it a listen. Do you want at least a scan of the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes please that would be great :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you know, it sounds like you've been looking for Lyle for awhile. Is a scan *really* going to be enough?! Why don't I drop you an e-mail and maybe we can work out a digital transfer somehow.

    ReplyDelete